This Saturday will be my first time running an RnR series event. If it lives up to all the hype (being how $$$ the registration fees are), then the Miami RnR Half will be added to the race line-up for December instead.
I signed up to participate in the 10 Day Sugar-free Challenge being hosted by Amanda from Run to the Finish.
Well it started yesterday, and my first meal and snack were a fail right out of the gate. I had my standard breakfast.
Could be worse I guess, but still added sugar...
But I rallied back for lunch
|Baby spinach, mixed greens, broccoli, carrots, tuna mixed w/ spicy mustard, LF Spicy French dressing|
I’m an everything in moderation type of gal. I don’t have the want or need to eliminate all refined sugar from my diet. It tastes glorious and keeps me happy in the right amounts.
However, my 2-3 dark chocolate Hershey Kisses after dinner have turned into 5-6 plus, a homemade muffin or two, plus some crackers with PB (the good ol’ processed Skippy kind)…..
Evening has turned into a sugar buffet at the Blondie household.
Hopefully this challenge will help me to reign in the sugary snacking. Want to join in? Here’s what to avoid:
- Syrups (cane syrup, rice syrup, corn sryup, high fructose corn syrup, molasses, honey, sorgam)
- Refined and processed sugars (cake, cookies, candy)
- Look through your cabinets, unexpected things like tomato sauce, ketchup and peanut butter can contain sugars we are trying to avoid or just excess sugar. Avoid: Fructose, Maltose, Sorbitol, Evaporated Cane Juice, Xylotol and other sugars end in “ol” or “ose”
- Sugar substitutes (Aspartame, Sucralose, Nutra-sweet, Stevia)
- Fruit juice: Yup that's right you need to nix this because of high sugar content
Also check out this page for more resources.