Some random things from yesterday's run:
1) I’ve gone old school. More times than not, I go running without my Ipod now. It’s nice being free of the bulky armband and headphone wires.
2) The last time I added any new music to my Ipod was sometime in early 2008. I had an Itunes gift card that I received for Christmas. About 85% of my mp3 collection is over 10 years old and came from from a place that starts with an N and ends with a ster. I’m content being stuck in the late 90’s.
3) Cliché as it is, two of my power songs are Running Down a Dream by Tom Petty and Eye of the Tiger. My all time power song is B.O.B by Outkast.
4) The answer to small wrists and a big Garmin- sweatbands. I was actually getting a bruise on my wristbone from the watch banging into it. All better now.
5) Sniff, sniff, what’s that smell? Yuck, my favorite tech top.
I know we all wash our running gear immediately after finishing a workout, but regular detergent doesn’t always cut it. It's ok, stank happens even to those of us who just “glisten”.
A cup of white vinegar in the wash cycle, along with your regular detergent, works like magic to get the musty smell out of running clothes.
Only top shelf brands for this family
I'd be mortified if anyone ever saw my full playlist. Highlights include the theme song to The Greatest American Hero and Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. Care to share any of goodies hidden on your playlist?
Crockpot Turkey Chili [My Sister’s #WIAW]
2 hours ago